Extreme Hair-Pulling Simulator

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Extreme Hair-Pulling Simulator

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#1]
GAH!!!

I've followed the instructions to the letter.
Several thousand times.

Each and every time, I get a "Cannot install : Incorrectly Signed" type error.

It's doing my head in.
As far as I can tell, the signature's fine, but as soon as I try to put it on my device, nada.
Except, as soon as I've TRIED to put it on my device, the device seems to be keeping track of all the failed .apk's, and not letting me put a replacement on it, without completely renaming the app, and generating a whole new key.

This is doing my freakin' head in.

Is there, out there, somewhere, a simple little "Test this .apk's signature" app? A quick and easy way to test this, without jamming my device with a million test .apks?

*bangs head on desk*

For what it's worth.. "Java\bin\jarsigner.exe -verify -verbose -certs myAndroidProgram.apk" is telling me everything's fine. nnnngh...

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#2]
Get Eclipse, then import your Monkey project on it. Select "export" and follow the screens. Much easier than using command line programs to sign apks.

You should also try to check if your key is valid and/or generated correctly - that unfortunately I don't know how to do :(

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#3]
Try:
- run zipalign on the apk after it is signed.
- http://developer.android.com/guide/faq/troubleshooting.html#signingcalendar
- does it work on the simulator?

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#4]
Hmmm. Using Eclipse, eh. Hadn't thought of that, but considering how I recompile iOS stuff with XCode, that kinda makes a lot of sense.
I'll give that a go, thanks!