Some questions about bono.payment

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Some questions about bono.payment

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#1]
Edit: Most of these questions were based on an older version of the payment module. I'm aware that AndroidBillingLibrary doesn't support v3 yet, now, and that the names of some of the bono.payment methods have changed.

Heya; this is a question for michaelcontento (or anyone else who may be able to answer these) --

On Android, how does paymentManager/paymentProvider deal with consumables? Does AndroidBillingLibrary leverage in-app billing v3? I'm just starting to experiment with the IAP library, and while it is nice, clean, and simple, I'm unsure how to manage items which should be purchase-once vs. items which are infinitely consumable.

My next question would be if there's a consistent expected response from isProcessing() that we can use to determine whether we should do a one-time check. I've implemented a "history" Bool for isProcessing() so that I can do some expensive checks only once after the module stops processing, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to handle it.

Finally, is there anything in the module to handle common errors with connection and validation? I didn't see anything obvious, so maybe it would be best practice to add a timer for isProcessing() just in case it hangs? Does Purchase() act as modal to the app on Android while the Play store is popped up? (This effects framecount timers, in the case of adding a timeout for isProcessing().) Is it modal on any of the supported platforms?

Thank you for your time.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#2]
welp, I'm trying to test all this stuff, but not having much success with monkey-wizard. Seems that even after installing mingw+msys so I can build the makefile, had to edit the makefile to point to the correct places -- but even after all that, the built app seems to never be able to find the folder to patch!

Guess this is going to take a bit....