dumb question re: Chartboost module & Monkey 66

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/dumb question re: Chartboost module & Monkey 66

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi all,

I thought I'd have a play with skn3's Chartboost module.

I installed the monkey module, and also the .jar file from the latest Chartboost SDK. When I try to compile the examples, I get this error:

-compile:
    [javac] Compiling 3 source files to C:\Users\red\Dropbox\MonkeyPro66\modules\skn3\chartboost\example1.build\android\bin\classes
    [javac] C:\Users\red\Dropbox\MonkeyPro66\modules\skn3\chartboost\example1.build\android\src\com\monkey\MonkeyGame.java:2443: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol: variable BBAndroidGame
    [javac] 				ChartboostGlue.instance.cb.onCreate(BBAndroidGame.AndroidGame().GetActivity(),ChartboostGlue.instance.appId,ChartboostGlue.instance.appSignature,ChartboostGlue.instance.chartboostDelegateGlue);
    [javac] 				                                    ^
    [javac] C:\Users\red\Dropbox\MonkeyPro66\modules\skn3\chartboost\example1.build\android\src\com\monkey\MonkeyGame.java:2458: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable BBAndroidGame
    [javac] location: class com.monkey.ChartboostGlue
    [javac] 			BBAndroidGame.AndroidGame().GetActivity().runOnUiThread(runner);
    [javac] 			^
    [javac] Note: C:\Users\red\Dropbox\MonkeyPro66\modules\skn3\chartboost\example1.build\android\src\com\monkey\MonkeyGame.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 2 errors

Any pointers?

therevills(Posted 2013) [#2]
The BBAndroidGame class was introduced in Monkey v67, it replaced MonkeyGame class.

I'd suggest you update your Monkey version.

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hi therevills - thanks for the super quick (and helpful) response..

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#4]
That fixed it - looks like it's working fine, with v69..

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#5]
Spoke too soon - whilst it compiles fine, and I can run the resulting apk fine under an emulator (bluestacks), once I install the apk ionto an actual android device, it just comes up with a blank screen when I run it... Anyone else seen this?

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#6]
Tried the example that comes with the monkey Chartboost zip on 2 android phones now, and both produce the same blackscreen. Before I invest any more time, has anyone got this Chartboost module for android working??

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#7]
Update - tried moving to the latest Monkey (70e), and the result was the same - ok on emulator, blank screen on actual android devices. Perhaps there are other dependencies. Make this work? I'd still love to hear from anyone who has had success with this module..

dub(Posted 2013) [#8]
Hi, I try the skn3's Chartboost module and I have the same problem. Blank Screen.

I finish to have the app working after new test, the device need to be on standby when you compil. After you unlock and you can test Ads. But after 5 or 6 Ads, when you close an Ad, the App close :-(

I use Monkey (69)

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#9]
Hi dub,

Sounds like you got further than I did. Maybe I need to try using a newer version of ant/ java/ whatever?

If anyone else has had issues (or successes) with using Chartboost, please post here :-)

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#10]
I actually was able to see some 'test ads' with it... but right now, without changing anything, ads just fails to load - and if I continue to try, the app crashes... very strange.

(I know this thread is old, but since I can't get it to work either, I tried posting here about it)

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#11]
Anyone have any success with this yet? I am on monkey 78c