Archos IT 101 soft buttons

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Archos IT 101 soft buttons

Pierrou(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,
These days I'm starting to write some small apps for my personal use with Monkey and it really is a very quick and convenient tool. I have an old Archos IT 101 tablet (Android 2.2) to test and use the apps. On this device, a few soft buttons are always displayed on the right (back, search, home, menu) and I would like to hide them.

I found out that one had to add the line

<uses-permission android:name="archos.permission.FULLSCREEN.FULL" />

to AndroidManifest.xml to hide them but, when I do so and then recompile, it doesn't change anything.

Is there anything more I must do?

Thanks in advance if you can help me,
Pierre

Pierrou(Posted 2013) [#2]
OK so in fact adding the line to AndroidManifest.xml /does/ work, but only if the AndroidManifest.xml in question is the one located in the application.build/android/templates/ folder...

If I modify that file and then recompile, everything works perfectly, and now the app fulfills my needs (it's not a game at all, rather a very simple but useful app meant to be used during awake brain surgery - the patient is asked to point the center of an horizontal line in the middle of the screen).

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#3]
monkey is being used for brain surgery now? Stimulating :)

Pierrou(Posted 2013) [#4]
Well we haven't used it yet but such a simple program (just a few lines of code) shouldn't let us down in the middle in a surgery. I think I should test it quite intensively in various situations with many people before using it live though.

The only problem that I haven't solved yet is how to export my data (each touch is stored) to some website or external storage. For now I'm keeping it in the internal memory,so it can only displayed inside the app... It's my first Monkey app and I'm still learning...

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#5]
the os module should allow export to a plain text file. Otherwise you'll have to set up something with brl using data buffers or tcp...

Pierrou(Posted 2013) [#6]
The OS Module is GLFW stdcpp only isn't it?

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#7]
> The only problem that I haven't solved yet is how to export my data (each touch is stored) to some website or external storage.

You can use a filestream for savind to sd card, see 'SavePurchases' method in: bananas/mak/iaptest/iaptest.monkey

This writes a file to monkey://internal/blah, ie: internal app storage. Change this to monkey://external/blah to save to /sdcard/ instead.

Pierrou(Posted 2013) [#8]
So just replacing two characters in my code gives me what I want. Thanks Mark, now everything is perfect! I didn't know monkey://external/ was a valid path, didn't even try it.

Pierrou(Posted 2014) [#9]
monkey is being used for brain surgery now? Stimulating :)

Hi again,

I just wanted to let you know that the aformentioned Monkey app has been used yesterday during an awake brain surgery. Unfortunately I haven't been able to be there myself and use it live at that time but I have been told that it worked well.

Monkey really is a great tool to put out quick, simple but useful stuff like that.