Why no write file commands?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Why no write file commands?

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#1]
Why do we have no writing file related commands on Monkey Android? Other Android developers can access the sdcard....

I think it is very important to write/move files to sdcard. I need possiblities to offer the user a file he can f.e. transfer anywhere or open with another app.

Could it be done? Or is it technical impossible?

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#2]
You can read and write into files. Look at the bananas/mak/filetest/filetest.monkey script.

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#3]
upps... and thank you...

I didn't realize that. But what about other file actions? Can I create a file ,create a folder? About about informations about a folder content? FileExists()? Are they all still OS module or also common?

again a sample for not good communicated capabilities of monkey. If to be informed well I have to read ALL threads on the forum. We urgently need something liek a "new command forum" and more content in to the "tutorial forum".

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#4]
No problem. FileStream work on all platforms besides HTML5 and Flash. And please look at the class documentation to see all the available functionality.

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#5]
Ok as I understood.. this means: No Dir, no creating of folders, no deleting Files.

Isn't the current state without Dir() a little bit dangerous? I can write a file and I have no idea whether the path exists or a file with the same name already exists?

Or did I misunderstand the documentation?

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#6]
I don't know, tell me. :-) I guess you could try to write into a directory that doesn not exist and then it crashes.