Update on Android Device?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Update on Android Device?

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#1]
When I build and I on the device remove monkeyGame and build I get the app running on device.

However should I not be able to re-build or update?

When I do this I get a crash:
E/AndroidRuntime(20072): FATAL EXCEPTION: GLThread 9281
E/AndroidRuntime(20072): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(20072): at com.monkey.c_Sample.p_OnRender(MonkeyGame.java:12558)
E/AndroidRuntime(20072): at com.monkey.c_GameDelegate.RenderGame(MonkeyGame.java:12054)
E/AndroidRuntime(20072): at com.monkey.BBGame.RenderGame(MonkeyGame.java:565)
E/AndroidRuntime(20072): at com.monkey.BBAndroidGame.onDrawFrame(MonkeyGame.java:1245)
E/AndroidRuntime(20072): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1516)
E/AndroidRuntime(20072): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1240)

Or I simply cannot restart:

Sending Kill signal...
Could not kill: Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.
Connection properly closed.
Sending Kill signal...
Could not kill: Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.
Sending Kill signal...
Sending Kill signal...
Sending Kill signal...
Sending Kill signal...

Does it work for you?

Should I end the process in monkey before running again?

Should I use debug + update or something like that?

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#2]

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#3]
ok ive just started getting this error as well and i have to shut down a process called adb(32bit) using the task manager before i can rebuild again.I have no idea why it started suddenly but its turned into a real pain having to do this everytime.

Snader(Posted 2013) [#4]
Same problem here after updating using the Android SDK manager

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#5]
It works most of the time for me now with no changes. It might have to do with re-building another App. Maybe all monkey apps by default use the same ID of some sort and therefore they replace eachother, which is fine unless you test more than one monkey sample. But still not sure what it is, I am suspecting it is something with the SDK Manager.

Thanks for locating the adb process, I'll kill it when problems starts next time hopefully.