Licensing

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Licensing

caffeinekid(Posted 2013) [#1]
"The Copy Protection feature has been deprecated

Google has standardized on two primary tools for helping developers protect against unauthorized copying: app encryption in Jelly Bean and the Licensing Service for all platforms. Our older Copy Protection feature, which we announced we'd be deprecating back in 2010, has now been deprecated in favor of these more advanced tools. The Copy Protection feature is no longer available in the Developer Console and is no longer applied on new downloads in Google Play as of February 27, 2013. If your app used this feature and you would like to continue to protect against unauthorized copying, please begin using the Licensing Service."

What does this mean for our paid Android apps made with Monkey?

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#2]
Is is not a Monkey feature but an Android feature. You need to find a way to add the licensing service to your app if you want to use it.

jwl(Posted 2013) [#3]
Anything new on this? Is it possible to include the licensing service in the compile?

caffeinekid(Posted 2013) [#4]
I understand that Mike, it's just that I don't know Java so I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to incorporate it. In the past the copy protection stuff was added to the APK when you uploaded it and that was good in my book as I didn't have to worry about it.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#5]
I feel with you caffeinekid, the documentation from the Android developer pages are not clear for me either. Wish I could help but I can't because I lack the knowledge on how to do it too.