Eeeuw, Uuugly!

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Eeeuw, Uuugly!

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#1]
#MOJO_IMAGE_FILTERING_ENABLED="true"
^ Doesn't appear to have made a blind bit of difference on my Nexus 7 device. Upscaled textures are appearing ugly and pixellated. Downscaled ones are just nasty and gritty.

Given that my framework is barely ever using exact 1x scaling, due to the inane numbers of different Android resolutions, this is a bit of a downer.

This post is more a gripe than anything. I'm severely disappointed by Android stats so far. Some phones aren't managing to load things, some are barely capable of drawing 50 sprites onscreen, others can happily run up alongside iOS stats, throwing hundreds of sprites out at once.

It's no wonder so many dev's are throwing out Android versions for free. I doubt I'd ever honestly want to charge people for something that probably won't even be functional on their phone!
Grrr..

benmc(Posted 2013) [#2]
I've never had a problem with it on any device I've tested on. Are you using a fresh build folder?

I actually get way more downloads on Android than iOS for my games, but only when they are free. My free games on iOS piddle away, but Android increases daily, and has been good for me.

I'm actually the opposite, and am considering dumping iOS and sticking with Android :)

Google Play downloaders still have that 15-minute window to get a refund, and probably just for this reason - they get an opportunity to see if the game will work properly on their device.

Unfortunately.... this is sometimes just enough time to get a 1-star review from those of whom it didn't work.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hi Ben,

I dumped IOS a while ago. And now that my dev account on itunes got hacked, mostlikely I won't go there anymore either.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#4]
Ben, which ad-provider do you use for your free games?