Noob vs Android (Day One)

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Noob vs Android (Day One)

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#1]
Gah! This thing's driving me bonkers!

OK, I opened up the config.winnt.txt file, and trudged through it looking for any and all Android references.
I installed, in order of listing, Ant (whatever the monkeys that is), Java (I know what that is. .. dear god, do I know what THAT is), and Android SDK. (woot!)

1. Ant was v1.8.4, instead of the expected 1.8.2, so I tweaked the expected version number in the path, and hoped for the best.

2. JDK the file asked me to install the 32-bit, even on 64-bit windows, so I did that, then changed the path so it pointed to "c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_11"

3. Android SDK. Well, that doesn't install! Bundled it into the path, ran the little .exe, and got it to install Android 13, because the fourth post here said to use Android 13.
For the record, I'm assuming it oughta be c:\android-sdk-windows\sdk\"mass of folders", and not c:\android-sdk-windows\"mass of folders"

All installed, and all hopefully ready and raring to go.
I restarted Windows, because we all know Windows is happier after a restart, and opened up my project.

I ain't getting Android as a target.
It's just not even showing up.
Nothing.

Monkey does appear to now do a little "Hang on a sec" waiting circle mouse-pointer thing whenever it loads, though, so I'm guessing it's hunting through the folders trying to find something, then giving up.

Any tips welcome!

Currently able to compile to HTML5, Win (glfw), Mac (glfw), iOS, but not Android.
(And yes, I also attempted to get Android dev working on the Mac, but it doesn't appear to have that nice "Choose your Android Version" GUI thing, so it's stuck at Android 17 until I can figure that out, so it's coming up with it own unique set of errors!)

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#2]
I am on OSX too and yes, you have that gui app to install all patches and versions. It is called Android and is located inside tools or platform-tools.

I ain't getting Android as a target.
It's just not even showing up.

Make sure you set the path in the config file. The best location for the android sdk is your home directory. If you install it there, you don't need to change anything inside the config file as it has all version covered already.

'Android SDK
ANDROID_PATH="${HOME}/android-sdk-macosx"
ANDROID_PATH="${HOME}/android-sdk-mac_x86"
ANDROID_PATH="${HOME}/android-sdk-mac_86"

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#3]
1. Ensure the folder paths don't have any rogue apostrophes at the end of their lines of text.. Had to remove one from the Java line.

That got the "Android" target showing up, but it still took a couple of tweaks to get everything working.

2. "adb is not recognised"
A simple Path addition seemed to fix this one. Head into Environmental Variables, add c:\android-sdk-windows\sdk\platform-tools\ to the end. Reboot.

3. "Build Failed"
Apparently it isn't c:\android-sdk-windows\sdk\"Mass of Folders"
Added \sdk to the path in the config file, and all was happy.

I can now, apparently, compile for Android.
*waits for mythical Android Test Device to show up*