test your program from the tablet.

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/test your program from the tablet.

hub(Posted 2013) [#1]
i'm newbie with my android tablet
how to test your program on the tablet ? (copy files into a sd card, connect the tablet with usb cable ?)
Thanks !

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#2]
1. load drivers onto the computer for the tablet
2. set tablet to "developer mode"
3. plug usb from tablet to computer
4. monkey will auto-install and auto-play when you compile the "android" target
5. you can also do this manually with .apk files from the command line using "adb install (file.apk)". also see the android docs for mode info on adb.
http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html

bruZard(Posted 2013) [#3]
or try http://www.airdroid.com/

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#4]
I use dropbox, just copy the .apk to there via your PC, open it on my tablet from the dropbox app and hit install - done, works just as will googledrive.

No need to USB hook ups etc.

hub(Posted 2013) [#5]
Thanks for the help.

i use dropbox to copy the apk file to test.
now i use also gfx files into an folder test.data
so i suppose there are not include into the apk file.
where to copy them after installing into the tablet (download and install the apk file from dropbox) ?

@AdamRedwoods
step 1,2,3 ok.
4 : no auto install with monkey. (but i can use an avd device with avd manager and it works fine). How monkey detect the true device ? (connected via usb with drivers ok).

hub(Posted 2013) [#6]
Ok gfx are included into the apk file. Thanks.
Should be interesting when monkey auto-send this to the tablet ;-)

wiebow(Posted 2013) [#7]
monkey will not do this for you, but the android dev tools WILL do it, if you install the correct driver for your tablet!

golomp(Posted 2013) [#8]
@hub
or a ftp transfer ?

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#9]
monkey tries to install the apk but it always says permission denied,

online they say the solution is to edit /default.prop
but i dont see it in my android file system

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#10]
Part One
Upload monkeygame-debug.apk somewhere, and download it on the device.

Part Two
From then on, connect the device to the pc and on the pc open the device's "Downloads" folder, then simply drag'n'drop the new monkeygame-debug.apk into that folder, replacing the old one.
Then on the device, open the Downloads, click the monkeygame-debug.apk, and bingo, the new version installs.
No need to faff about with extra installs, no silly messing about with the compiler stuff for half a day, trying desperately to get it going. This is simple old-school windows explorer drag'n'drop, and it works.

It might be one extra step, but at least it's not thirty!

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#11]
oh yes that works thanks

Neuro(Posted 2013) [#12]
I use dropbox, just copy the .apk to there via your PC, open it on my tablet from the dropbox app and hit install - done, works just as will googledrive.

I do it this way too, except my actually project folder is already in dropbox. So all i do is just build the project, open up dropox on the tablet and install. Awesome how it can it just "work".