FULL NETWORK ACCESS

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/FULL NETWORK ACCESS

Raz(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all,

just put You Are The Yeti on Google Play and it's asking for the following permissions.

THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
NETWORK COMMUNICATION
FULL NETWORK ACCESS
Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
STORAGE
MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGE MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SD CARD
Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.

I don't need to access the internet or access storage, so can I make it so these are not required?

Thanks
-Chris

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#2]
AndroidManifest.xml file is the one you need to change.

Raz(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks Mike, I did just see this, but it gets overwritten every time I build the app again.

(though not all of the AndroidManifest.xml file gets overwritten).

It'd be great if these settings could be included in the CONFIG.MONKEY file

Raz(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thinking about it the Version Code and Version Number information could really do with being stored in config.monkey as well

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#5]
There is a manifest file "template" that won't change each time. Look for that in the "templates" directory, and make the changes there.

Raz(Posted 2012) [#6]
Cheers c.k. Yup this is what I did in the end. Seems like a really silly way of dealing with things, but I am sure it will change one day

therevills(Posted 2012) [#7]
It would be nice we could set up the AndroidManifest.xml from code.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#8]
Or even if it just looked for a manifest template in the project directory and used it in preference to the standard one.

Raz(Posted 2013) [#9]
This I like! It would make keeping specific set ups for specific apps much easier.