Android Build - v64b Android SDK Release 15 - err

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Android Build - v64b Android SDK Release 15 - err

matty(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all,

Until today I had been using Monkey versions 42 and 45 with Android with no problems.

I just had a new PC built for me at work, and have had to reinstall everything so have just installed all the apache ant, java sdk, android sdk (release 9 & 15), and monkey 42. Upon building hitoro's game "basicgame" to test in monkey 42 I get an error about the build.xml being obsolete. So I downloaded monkey 64b and put in another location. Now I get the following message when attempting to build bananas\hitoro\basicgame -

"C:/MonkeyPro64b/MonkeyPro64b/bin/trans_winnt" -target=android -config=Debug "C:/MonkeyPro64b/MonkeyPro64b/bananas/hitoro/basicgame/basicgame.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.40
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Buildfile: C:\MonkeyPro64b\MonkeyPro64b\bananas\hitoro\basicgame\basicgame.build\android\build.xml

clean:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 0 seconds
Buildfile: C:\MonkeyPro64b\MonkeyPro64b\bananas\hitoro\basicgame\basicgame.build\android\build.xml

-set-mode-check:

-set-debug-files:

-set-debug-mode:

-debug-obfuscation-check:

-setup:
     [echo] Gathering info for MonkeyGame...
    [setup] Android SDK Tools Revision 15

BUILD FAILED
C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:421: Unable to resolve target 'android-13'

Total time: 0 seconds
Done.

What does this mean? Do I need to change something somewhere?

Oh - I noticed the default IDE has changed (yes it has been a while since I've used monkey seriously and it seems a lot of things have changed..I'm wondering if my code will all run that I wrote under v42...)

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#2]
your monkey code should run.
make sure you delete the build folder.

also, my guess is, the manifest may be set to android-13, so you may need to download android-13.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#3]
Do I need to change something somewhere?

What could be is that the parser will find errors in your code now that it didn't with the old version and it still ran fine. You making a big version jump here.

But that is not the problem here with your Android version. If the manifest is set to Android-13, then you need to have it installed.

Sub_Zero(Posted 2012) [#4]
Yes install android-13, that solved it for me

golomp(Posted 2012) [#5]
I am not sure but i think install android-13 will solve your situation matty.

matty(Posted 2012) [#6]
Actually it looks like my SDK manager hasn't downloaded any of the platforms - just the tools...strange...I'll have to try and work out why it is not downloading the platforms...the options don't seem to be there...I've done this before (over a year ago) and it wasn't that hard...but we are having network issues at work today and I do keep getting errors on the repository.xml file not being downloaded so maybe it is to do with that?

Oh well, it will have to wait.

thanks,
from Matt

golomp(Posted 2012) [#7]
I did it several month ago and i remember i was annoying by two things :

1) some option have to be selected down the main windows when you try to download or you will not download anything (it concern obsolecense)

2) even with the good option selected (and just for some constructor)
i was obliged to give an email address or to create a personnal account.

I hope it will help you Matty

byo(Posted 2012) [#8]
Go to your "build\android" folder and change the target property of your android version in the file "project.properties" to the one you installed.

I use android-16 library with no problems. :-)

Best regards,

Andre Guerreiro Neto