Google Android SDK refuses to install

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Google Android SDK refuses to install

semar(Posted 2012) [#1]
Dear all,

after a fresh re-install of win XP SP2, I have then updated it to SP3.

Then I've tried to install the Java JDK which includes the JRE, as it is a required step in order to deploy monkey to an Android device, as you certainly known.

I could not install it. The SDK installs fine, but by the last step, when it installs the JRE, a popup error occurs stating:
Internal Error 2753. regutils.dll

I've search on the net, and found several cases like that. The cure is to use various fix program, unistaller, and the like.

Well I've eventually succeeded to install the SDK and the JRE separately, by deleting the regutils.dll from both directory (the one in SDK and the other in JRE).

At least I *think* it is correctly installed. I've tried the command "java -version" on a console, ant it shows the right java version.

Problem is, when I try to install the Google Android SDK, the installation goes no further than the first message, that states that there's no JRE installed.

The question: do you know how I can fix this problem, and install the Google Android SDK flawlessy ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now I can't deploy anything on Android devices..

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sergio.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#2]
Welcome to the AndroidSDK :D

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/post.php?topic=1107&post=9565

@GfK
When you get the message 'Java SDK is not installed',try this:
Use the 'Back' button, and then 'Next' again.

semar(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks therevills,
I'll try asap and let you know.

Sergio.

semar(Posted 2012) [#4]
@ therevills,

thousand thanks - that did the trick.

However, when I connect the smartphone via usb, the system says that it does not recognize the device.

More, from within Monkey ide, the only target shown from the target list is the Html5 one.

Any help ?

Should I also install Ant ? If so how, since it is a .zip distribution ?

Regards,
Sergio.

semar(Posted 2012) [#5]
Never mind, after installing the smartphone usb driver, everything worked as expected.

Cheers,
Sergio.