How to install app to Android device automatically

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/How to install app to Android device automatically

cs6505(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all - I can compile targeting the Android platform and the app automatically installs on the emulator. This works great.

My question is - How do I get it to automatically install on my android device (Nexus 7 tablet - Jellybean) after compiling - just like with the emulator?

thanks,
Chris

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#2]
I just copy it to a folder on the android via USB. When I tap on it I get an option to install.

cs6505(Posted 2012) [#3]
Yes - of course I can copy the files over manually.

The point of my post was to find out if there was a way to have the app automatically install on an android device after compilation.

Volker(Posted 2012) [#4]
I connected my Galaxy Tab via USB to the PC, enabled the USB-Debugging on the Tab and installed the connection Software.
Sometimes you need to install the USB drivers from the Android SDK too.

cs6505(Posted 2012) [#5]
I'll give it a try. Thanks!

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#6]
Sometimes, on my iMAC, I had to do the build process twice as the first time it said, that it could not find the device.

golomp(Posted 2012) [#7]
Personnally i use ftp to send the apk on a website.
Like this the app is available for all devices.
(beta-testers, family and friends)

BlitzProg(Posted 2012) [#8]
I used these steps http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html
After this I turn on USB Debugging and connect my device to my computer, then compile with the android target, then it automatically runs the application there.

Halfdan(Posted 2012) [#9]
@BlitzProg
I also do it this way, the app installs but it does not auto run.. my build message ends with:
error: device not found
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Done.

Do you also get debug info in the monkey console? That would be nice