Amazon app store - views?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Amazon app store - views?

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi guys,

what do you think of the Amazon app store? I'm going to give it a whirl now it's here in the UK, and is (currently) free..

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#2]
I can recommend them. I was lucky and my game was featured as free app of the day. Got 140k downloads that day and sales went up from 10 per day to 100-200 per day after that!

That was US only but I'm curious how the other countries will show up.

What I like is that there are reviewers who make really extensive reviews there and you can comment them.

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#3]
Wow! 140k downloads in one day? Good result, mate.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#4]
Yep that was awesome. Oh and you can't remove apps as soon as they are in the store.

secondgear(Posted 2012) [#5]
Xaron,

When was it? We had good sales in the first quarter of 2012, but in the last 2-3 months there was a bit of a slowdown. Just wondering if it's just seasonal.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#6]
My app Battle Ships is there since begin of July 2012. Earlier was not an option because Amazon was not open for german developers till then.

The FAOTD was on 9th of August, so August itself was my best month so far. :)

Volker(Posted 2012) [#7]
Earlier was not an option because Amazon was not open for german developers till then.

It's open now? How much does it cost?

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#8]
It's open in several countries outside the USA. Uk is one. Don't know about Germany, I think so.

I think it's free at the moment, normally $99

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#9]
Yes, it's free at the moment.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#10]
Did you guys released special Kindle Fire versions?

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#11]
No. Just the same version. Worked great.

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#12]
Looks like the store is open in a few countries now from the web addresses

Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Amazon.fr
Amazon.it

@MikeHart - no special version, and no way of testing whether my app worked on Kindle Fire. Gulp. Fingers crossed..

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#13]
But I haven't a single download than from another country as the US yet.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#14]
So you guys didn't even have to call some kind of special API? The creators of another tool I used previously made it look like such a magic to get an app running on the fire and they had to change the engine for it.

Ok, made that could be because Monkey uses JAVA only.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#15]
No. Just simple plain Android. That's it. Oh a friend of mine got his rejected but only because of the reason the Kindle Fire doesn't have bluetooht which his app made use of.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#16]
Thanks Xaron, guess it is time to port my app more quickly to Monkey.

Volker(Posted 2012) [#17]
What about admob in apps on amazon store?
Has anyone got problems because the ads may contain
links back to google play?

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#18]
Admob works great. Oh and you have to change app links to the Amazon store, which isn't a biggy.

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#19]
I didn't get rejected, and use admob (which may link back to google play). Don't know how strict they are on this.

Here it is in the store..

[a]http://www.amazon.com/Silentshark-Games-Yikes-Zombies-Shoot/dp/B0094JEUHC/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1347191444&sr=1-1&keywords=yikes[/a]

Ha! I've just spotted in the above that my app is ranked 5074 in Amazon's free apps for Android. And that's with a grand total of 19 downloads :-)