Android Build Freeze

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Android Build Freeze

maltic(Posted 2012) [#1]
Whenever I try to build for android the trans compiler always freezes on a specific line:

"[apkbuilder] Creating MonkeyGame-debug-unaligned.apk and signing it with a debug key..."

After that it just... stops. No crash or error message, it just never progresses or finishes execution. I have no idea what to do. Any ideas?

PS. The android folder in the main.build folder produced by monkey also becomes inaccessible. I can't delete it or move it until I restart my computer. Even after force-quitting adb.exe and trans compiler.

Volker(Posted 2012) [#2]
PS. The android folder in the main.build folder produced by monkey also becomes inaccessible. I can't delete it or move it until I restart my computer. Even after force-quitting adb.exe and trans compiler.

Try this, to unlock the folder:
http://lockhunter.com/
Install, right click on folder, choose "what is locking this folder" and see which process is locking it, unlock it.
Can't help why it freezes.

maltic(Posted 2012) [#3]
I've managed to get the apk onto my Android phone by sending the apk via gmail to it and clicking install. However I can't seem to get Monkey to launch into the android emulator, or my phone when attached via USB in debug mode. Oh well, debugging is going to be difficult.

Volker(Posted 2012) [#4]
You can use a ftp client on your phone. Perhaps a bit faster.

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#5]
I use Dropbox to get apk files quickly into my phone.

maltic(Posted 2012) [#6]
Ok, now something weird really is happening.

Every time I try to install an APK produced by monkey on my android phone, it just says "an error occurred during parsing". Any ideas?

golomp(Posted 2012) [#7]
maybe some clone(s) of your program stay in memory ?
did you try to remove your program from your device ?
even after a reboot of your device ?
what does the application manager give for the application name ?
(i try to give you some path to solve your situation)

maltic(Posted 2012) [#8]
Yes I completely uninstalled and deleted the old version. Didn't work after two reboots and a factory reset.

Sub_Zero(Posted 2012) [#9]
I got some weird behaviour after installing v64 on top of my old installs... compiling on android gave me a blank screen (like font data wouldn't load) from the data folder....

I then clean installed v62 and tried to compile there; works, and then installed v64 on top of that again, now it works on v64....

But whatever I do with the old monkey location (remove all extra modules, delete all build folders) it won't compile ok at all... strange....

hope this helps

golomp(Posted 2012) [#10]
Sorry maltic i dont have any other idea concerning this situation.