Android Version

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Android Version

Zurrr(Posted 2012) [#1]
Newbaby question. Just install monkey. Download and install java. And also download and install SDK. Open SDK and wonder which android SDK version should i use. I guest 2.2 should be ok. Can I use 4.1

Another thing I download ANT 1.8. Its a zip file. DOn't know what to do what with that file

Any help on setup android development tutor that i miss

okee(Posted 2012) [#2]
Extract Ant to the c:\ drive i.e. C:\apache-ant-1.8.2
If you want Flash download the flex sdk and extract to c:\

Make sure and set the paths correctly in
YOUR_MONKEY_FOLDER\bin\config.winnt.txt

not sure about the sdk version

therevills(Posted 2012) [#3]
Refer to here: http://blitz-wiki.appspot.com/Target_SDKs

Zurrr(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks.

About the version, I think Monkey don't support device running android below 3.2. Is it right?

I still try to work out how to run app on my Samsung S2 (GT-I9100G)
Anyone have experience..please help

therevills(Posted 2012) [#5]
I think Monkey don't support device running android below 3.2. Is it right?

Nope... its been awhile since I checked but Monkey did support 1.5 and upwards at the start.

What issues are you having? Have you created an app and tried just compiling and running on your device?

Zurrr(Posted 2012) [#6]
I just got monkey and try to run banana code. Got confuse on choosing SDK version. Which one should I choose. I think I see somewhere said that version 3.2 but just need to confirm. Good news thou if monkey support as low as 1.5.

About running on device.. Its OK now. Just update my driver and everything work now. Thank guys. As usual blitz community always warm

Btw.. I use to know blitz since born ;}

Zurrr(Posted 2012) [#7]
Ok done testing on Samsung Young (android 2.3.6)
Its work

Zurrr(Posted 2012) [#8]
Ok done testing on Samsung Young (android 2.3.6)
Its work

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#9]
Does anyone else find the emulator doesn't reliably load Monkey apps on APK versions below 10? If it does manage to load them they run fine (except that my emulator doesn't want to do sound either, but that applies to everything).

Stopped worrying about it to be honest, I have decided to target only A10 and upwards. A8 devices seem to be finally dropping out of the market anyway.