What Android SDK to install

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/What Android SDK to install

Foppy(Posted 2012) [#1]
The Monkey documentation says:

"Make sure to install at least 'SDK Platform Android 2.1, API 7' and an emulator."

Does this mean you have to install an SDK, and version 2.1 is the minimum? Or does this mean you have to install SDK 2.1 specifically, and other things if you like to?

I am now installing 2.1 as well as the newest version. Is that useful or is it enough just to install the newest version?

Foppy(Posted 2012) [#2]
After more error messages, I decided to install all of them, but it does take a few hours of downloading! During the download, there are many errors listed in the SDK Manager, of the form "Download finished with wrong size. Expected 85467243 bytes, got 974 bytes".

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#3]
The latest one is working for me and never got any download errors.
Also I installed everything so I don't really know which ones are required and which ones are not. All you probably need is any platform sdk android 2.1 API 7 and above. You do need to create an emulator with the AVD manager under virtual devices.

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#4]
I installed Android 3.2 (API 13) only and it seems to work.

Foppy(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thanks for the advice! I stopped downloading all because it took so long. ;) So now I will try just the newest one, and number 13, because when I tried to compile from Monkey (for Android) there was an error that indicated that API 13 was needed. If that doesn't work then I will just start downloading everything again, and go watch some television for the rest of the evening! :D

Edit: Now it works (installed the newest API and API 13).