Adding java files with Ant

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Adding java files with Ant

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all,

I just integrate Pubnub for Android and ran into problems with the pubnub packages.

Basically I have now several .java files (the pubnub packages) which I want to compile together with the Monkeygame.java.

The compiler tells me:

-compile:
    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to D:\Projekte\pubnub\test.build\android\bin\classes
    [javac] D:\Projekte\pubnub\test.build\android\src\com\codeknitters\test3d\MonkeyGame.java:40: package pubnub does not exist
    [javac] import pubnub.Pubnub;
    [javac]              ^

which is obvious as it's not in the path.

I just have the pubnub files parallel in the native folder in the modules section.

Aman(Posted 2012) [#2]
I faced the same problem yesterday. I created two .jave files in the native folder of the module. And I got the same error for only one of them. Where did you list your import line? in the native monkey file or in another java file?

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#3]
I tried several things.

If I put it parallel to my monkey interface file:

#If( TARGET = "android" )
  Import "native/src/pubnub/Callback.java"
  Import "native/src/pubnub/MD5.java"
  Import "native/src/pubnub/Pubnub.java"
#End If
Import "native/mnet.${TARGET}.${LANG}"

I get that error:

-compile:
    [javac] d:\Programme\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:600: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to E:\Projekte\pubnub\test.build\android\bin\classes
    [javac] E:\Projekte\pubnub\test.build\android\src\com\monkey\MonkeyGame.java:2096: class, interface, or enum expected
    [javac] package pubnub;
    [javac] ^
    [javac] E:\Projekte\pubnub\test.build\android\src\com\monkey\MonkeyGame.java:2119: class, interface, or enum expected
    [javac] package pubnub;
    [javac] ^

For now I just copy the stuff from the several Java files into one and it works. But of course it would be nice to have the original ones separated...

Aman(Posted 2012) [#4]
Yeah, this is what I did as well. Should this be considered a bug?

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#5]
No, I don't think it's a bug, it's just the way Java "works" and one of the reasons I never fell in love with Java. ;)

All this path stuff is a real mess in Java. I think it's just a problem with the name of the package and where it is relative to the other ones.

I think the build.xml has to be modified for Ant...