Android build failed - Device not found

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Android build failed - Device not found

Zwer99(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hey!

I have another problem: When I compile my game for Android Monkey doesn't find my mobile phone.

This is the error:

install:
     [echo] Installing C:\Monkey\Android\BunnyHopp\Main.build\android\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...
     [exec] error: device not found
ERROR:
BUILD FAILED
C:\AndroidSDKs\android_sdk\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:653: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\AndroidSDKs\android_sdk\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:271: exec returned: 1

Total time: 8 secondsERROR:
Android build failed.
Error in compilation!

I use Samsung Galaxy S2 and I've already activated the USB-Debugging Mode. I tried an emulator, which works...

Do I have to change a configuration file or anything else?

Thank you :)

therevills(Posted 2011) [#2]
Nope you dont need to change a config file...

When you plug in your phone does it display a message in the top bar telling you that USB debugging is enabled or something?

Zwer99(Posted 2011) [#3]
It says:

(The mobile phone is in German. Sorry for the free translation ;)

- USB connected
- energy-saving mode turned off

GfK(Posted 2011) [#4]
Make sure your phone is not set to automatically lock after a period of time, as that will stop it from working. There's an option alongside USB Debugging mode to prevent the screen from sleeping when connected via USB.

MikeHart(Posted 2011) [#5]
Ok, i have a german phone too.

In your phone go to "Einstellungen/Anwendungen". There activate "Unbekannte Quellen". Also activate "USB-Debugging" under "Entwicklung". When you connect the phone via the usb cable to your dev machine, it will ask you about the connection mode. I always choose "Festplatte" I think. And another kinda weird thing... I get your error message every other compilation.

Zwer99(Posted 2011) [#6]
Thank you for your solutions!

I solved it by installing a driver. The first time, I plugged the phone in it doesn't install the driver :)

Now it works! It's soo cool to see the game running on the phone :D

MikeHart(Posted 2011) [#7]
I am on a Mac, don't need to install drivers.

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#8]

I get your error message every other compilation.

I get the same error on my Droid US Phone.

Aman(Posted 2011) [#9]
It seems that every now and then someone new face the same problem and write a new post about it. Somebody need to write a sticky post about how to get started with android.