Android compiling hell

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Android compiling hell

Vinians(Posted 2011) [#1]
I still trying to compile my game to android. The configuration file works fine baceuse android is showed on de build command. When I try to compile I get an error tell me that no device is found. When I try to execute a emulator from manager pusshing start buttom (I'm not at DOS prompt) see:
invalid command-line parameter: Files.
Hint: use '@foo' to launch a virtual device named 'foo'.
please use -help for more information
Please, what Im doing wrong?

TeaBoy(Posted 2011) [#2]
I believe there is a bug with the SDK, I really dont know why this happens. The way I solved it is to start the SDK Manager using the command line as opposed to double clicking as I get the same error.

If you start android via the command line it should work (assuming you have set up an AVD), as It works on my system with no problems.

Vinians(Posted 2011) [#3]
Ok, now Im getting this error:

[echo] Installing C:\Users\teste\Dropbox\Sites\MonkeyBrasil.com\Projetos\PacMonkey\PacMonkey.build\android\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...
[exec] Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?
[exec] 714 KB/s (1266290 bytes in 1.731s)

TeaBoy(Posted 2011) [#4]
hmm.... well... I found this website:

http://wiki.gxtechnical.com/commwiki/servlet/hwiki?Android+-+FAQ+and+Common+Issues

4th error message down it suggests that the system could just be running too slow.

Has the emulator fully loaded before you tried to install?

Vinians(Posted 2011) [#5]
Thanks! I think the problem was speed. I tried on another PC and it worked. Is to change the screen size of a device? By default the monkey has a 640 x 480. It is possible to change this?

TeaBoy(Posted 2011) [#6]
you can change the screen resolution via the SDK Manager, click on the AVD that your using and then select edit.

6th option down, your see 'Skin', you can set the resolution or use the predefined resolutions, I use QVGA.