Debug Certificate expired?

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Debug Certificate expired?

DruggedBunny(Posted 2011) [#1]
I'm getting this error while building for Android (the initial stage of the build is successful), saying the debug certificate has expired. A search suggests nobody else has reported this, so I updated the whole SDK, but I'm still getting the same error. Any ideas?

-package-debug-sign:
[apkbuilder] Creating MonkeyGame-debug-unaligned.apk and signing it with a debug key...
BUILD FAILED
E:\Dev\Compilers\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:483: The following error occurred while executing this line:
E:\Dev\Compilers\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:232: com.android.sdklib.build.ApkCreationException: Debug Certificate expired on 18/06/11 16:07

AndyGFX(Posted 2011) [#2]
It's OK, you have to delete this debug key from disk. New debug key will be generated in next build.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thanks, Andy. For anyone else that needs it, the key is in C:\Users\USERNAME\.android\debug.keystore here on Windows 7. I would guess that on XP it would be under C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME but haven't set it up on there. You just delete this file and re-build your Android project.

Difference(Posted 2011) [#4]
Just got hit by this, and on Mac, you have to delete the debug.keystore file
from

$HOME/.android

where $HOME is your home directory.

Volker(Posted 2012) [#5]
If you get INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES
after removing the debug key, the app must be deleted from
and fresh installed on your device.