Monkeydroid

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Monkeydroid

devolonter(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi everyone! I want to make a module similar to iMonk for Android - Monkeydroid.

Do you have any suggestions for functionality?

devolonter(Posted 2011) [#2]
I've created a git-repository of the project - [edit]repository deleted[/edit]
At the moment, there are a little bit features, but I plan to add them actively

degac(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi

I like your efforts, but I would prefer one monkey-module (OSExtra.monkey?) instead of an OS-specific one (one for iOs, one for Android and so on...) for all the commands/function similar (ShowToast is Notify - in Bmax world - and I'm sure there is something on iOs too; same for GetDate/GetLocale and so on...)

Cheers

dmaz(Posted 2011) [#4]
me too but let's encourage people to make any modules... even os specific ones because then afterwards they can always be wrapped or combined later...

devolonter(Posted 2011) [#5]
@degac Yes, you are right ... I used the wrong approach module designing, and almost all functions (except possibly GetPackageName) were redundant ... For example, it would be better to move GetDate() in a cross-platform Date module. GetLocale() in Locale module, etc. Perhaps it needs to find more correct application to spend free time:) Unfortunately, in this case I can not make a single cross-platform module, as I do not have apple devices and I'm not familiar with XNA and C++...

I close this repository, as it leads to excessive fragmentation, and it is not good. I feel regret, but it would be better

degac(Posted 2011) [#6]

I close this repository, as it leads to excessive fragmentation, and it is not good. I feel regret, but it would be better

Can't you rewrite some parts of your work 'ready for' any other platforms and continue with your Android-based code?
You could 'take inspiration' by other works (look at MooFoo, Monkeytools, Diddy) and re-desing your work.
I'm sure other people will contribute to fill the 'gaps' for the other platforms.

Do you have any suggestions for functionality?

1. I like a 'module' to access all the 'sensors' (accelerometers,gravity, gps and so on): and these are 'common' at least on Android/iOS/HTML5 (as the latest browsers are designed to run on mobile devices)
2. a 'system module' for RAM, CPU, FreeSpace, Time(), Date() and some Locals
3. a 'basic GUI system' (like your ShowToast) to interact with the user without too mess around (I dont' mean a MaxGUI-like project, just some basic tools (show a message, get an input)

anawiki(Posted 2011) [#7]
Well, I have much lower requirements. It would be enough for me if it had Android equivalents of iMonk.

devolonter(Posted 2011) [#8]
@degac yes, of course I can do it. But I think it would be better if we discuss and develop the interface for future modules together with the community and create a common repository for it. Also, I think it is good to consult with Mark, so as not to repeat what he is also going to include in the future. For example, I do not fully understand the final module os functional. Maybe Mark plans to add RAM, CPU, FreeSpace, Time, Date, etc? In any case, as soon as I brought this idea up for the discussion in order to understand how to do best.

@anawiki Me too, but @degac is right, if we do one module for each platform, the situation could get out of control and we'll get a lot of modules which make the same things...