Android Failing to Compile

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Android Failing to Compile

Acissathar(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi all,

I set up my Android target for Monkey last night, and since then I've had a problem getting the android target to run.

My error is:

ERROR:
BUILD FAILED
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:472: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:203: apply returned: 255

I have tried deleting the .build folder along with restarting both my IDE and my computer.

Thank you for all the help!

therevills(Posted 2011) [#2]
To really help you we need either the source code or the entire compile log or both.

But Ill take a wild guess and say that one of your source code folders has a space in their name somewhere...

Acissathar(Posted 2011) [#3]
Here is the full compile log:

Here is my source code:

Is this an Android specific issue about spaces in folder names, because all the other targets work just fine. (minus flash because I don't have it set up yet.)

therevills(Posted 2011) [#4]
Ive only seen the issue with Android, but it is good practice to have no spaces in file names and folder names.

So your current path is:
C:\Users\Acissathar\Desktop\Spray and Pray Ent\Mobile Games\Aliens and Meatbags\Aliens And Meatbags\ANMB.monkey

Should be:
C:\Users\Acissathar\Desktop\SprayAndPrayEnt\MobileGames\AliensAndMeatbags\AliensAndMeatbags\ANMB.monkey

Oh BTW with Diddy, you dont need to create your own SCREEN_WIDTH/SCREEN_HEIGHT variables, as they are already defined in the framework.

Acissathar(Posted 2011) [#5]
That was the issue. Thank you very much.

Thank you also for the Diddy framework, and the info about the screen variables.