Question about Android emulator

Monkey Targets Forums/Android/Question about Android emulator

degac(Posted 2011) [#1]
After some test (and some new & fresh download/install of newer packages...) I sucessfully tested some monkey apps on the Android's emulator.

However I have some questions about the emulator (so I dont' know if this is a limit of monkey or Android-emulator...)

1 - in some monkey apps you need to press cursor key (ie: tile image): on the emulator how these keys are mapped?

2 - the original 'layout' of all the apps is horizonal, while - of course - the emulator in vertical: this means that the screen is scaled and centered... there is some solution (for the emulator) to rotate the display?

(I have an Android device, but I have not time to install some apps to see how they works in 'real' conditions...)

Sorry for the dumb questions!

matt(Posted 2011) [#2]
I think the easy answer is that the apps you tested are not written with Android or mobile devices in mind.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#3]
Don't know for sure, but does the optical joypad thingey present on some android phones map to the cursor keys, or do they pass different info?

degac(Posted 2011) [#4]

I think the easy answer is that the apps you tested are not written with Android or mobile devices in mind.

Good point of discussion: so I can reformulate the question in a different way.

How Cursor keys (on a standard keyboard) are mapped (if this thing has been considered) on a 'touch' device?
I need to fill up the app (that should be 'universal' - one source, many targets) with TouchKey() and KeyDown()?

And I suppose there should be some graphic info about 'orientation' of the screen built in (probably the solution should be to use AccX() & co to get this info)... but something automatic should be handy.
I would suggest that HTML5 & no mobile device should use horizontal layout in automatic, while other should be activate an inner control to check (via Accelerometers/sensors) the orientation and change this accordangly.
I just want to know if there is any 'guide-line' to write down applications.

Cheers

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#5]
What I have noticed is that the app is restarted if the orientation changes. At least that happened on a HTC Desire.

Virtech(Posted 2011) [#6]

What I have noticed is that the app is restarted if the orientation changes

Thats what happens on my Samusung Galaxy also.