BuggyBall

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/BuggyBall

nullterm(Posted 2016) [#1]
https://nullterm.itch.io/buggyball

Doing another jam using my trusted monkey(x), this time around I built a mini-Rocket League in only 64x64 pixels for #lowrezjam. Check it out! Feedback appreciated.

Used Monkey X and Mojo2 to build.

nullterm(Posted 2016) [#2]

muddy_shoes(Posted 2016) [#3]
Love the look. Feels solid but way too slow. I wanted the car to have the oomph of the old Skidmarks cars. Difficult to control but fun and chaotic action is better than difficult and sluggish. It's also a bit tough to recognise when the car is upside-down and figure out how to right it (or maybe I'm just seeing things and the car never flips upside-down).

Those niggles are just pointers if you wanted to do more with it really. As a jam game it's really great stuff. Good job.

nullterm(Posted 2016) [#4]
Yeah, playing on my iPhone it feels like it needs some more speed juice. Need to be careful though as the camera doesn't have a big view. Will speed up a notch atleast though!

The new antenna helps with upside down readability (not in win build yet), but given the limits of 64x64 might not be addressable. I might just put in a "cheat" that auto flips if inverted and you hit jump.

therevills(Posted 2016) [#5]
Haha! Love it!

Raz(Posted 2016) [#6]
Man that's really smart :) Love how the crowd move around a bit too