Hands up who's creating a (Monkey) game?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Hands up who's creating a (Monkey) game?

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#1]
I saw this topic on the BlitzMax forums so I decided to try it out here.

Just wondering who is working on a game - and nothing else. Games only count!

Simply raise your virtual hand...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#2]
Yo!

/raises hand

abakobo(Posted 2016) [#3]
In my second week of non educationnal game devolpement...(for mobile probably)

Whiteball(Posted 2016) [#4]
Me too

Phil7(Posted 2016) [#5]
Me too, educational, but a game.

therevills(Posted 2016) [#6]
Yep... but its taking too long!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#7]
Yeah same here, I always get to that 80%+ mark where almost all of the game is there and your in that phase where your adding little things and tweaking others and sorting out balance and that's normally where I get really bored and find some new idea to play with, got more than a few projects like that just taking up dust, this time around tho I am really fighting the urge to do something else.

Desperado(Posted 2016) [#8]
I am

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#9]
Oh, and we are working on a game also ;) For us the Biggest thing since Defenstar...

Sledge(Posted 2016) [#10]
I am, with Ignition X too, so where's the best place to post support questions because I have a few? :)

nullterm(Posted 2016) [#11]
When I can get some other things off my plate, I wanna come back and finish this bad boy that I started in MonkeyX.

jayparker(Posted 2016) [#12]
I am. Actually I have 2 games under development.
And just released one.
http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=10424

Xaron(Posted 2016) [#13]
Here here, I am! Currently working on an online (YES) mechbattle game:

Danilo(Posted 2016) [#14]
No. Not working on any game at all.

I'm currently looking at using (quite complicated) C++ parsers, pre-processors, and tag-file-generators to translate
C/C++ header definitions and declarations into MX2 Extern Imports, to automate the import of 3rd-party C/C++ libraries,
as best as I can.
Not really fun (but very interesting, nonetheless), and a work that needs to be done for the success of the MX2 programming language.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#15]
What I am working on.

I would say I'm probably about 70% done, got some of the AI done but still need to do AI for 3 more units, also need to add two new types of fire one of which will be a fully damage over time ability(idea came from these forums) the other is a gun idea I stole from one of my other projects, once these 2 new fire types are in and those 3 new AI are done I will be about 90% done.

Just hope people play it.

Monklet80(Posted 2016) [#16]
I'm working on a simple "gather pickups while avoiding enemies" game to get the hang of Monkey and explore my programming abilities (I am well new to programming).

This weekend I sorted out collisions: the player can no longer move through walls. *Achievement chime*
Hoping for a playable prototype by the end of March.

Soap(Posted 2016) [#17]
Yes

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2016) [#18]
I have about six simple puzzle/strategy games on the Play Store, and I'm working on another.

Pakz(Posted 2016) [#19]
The last few days I have started to think about what I can start to make. It has been a while since I did anything with Monkey. I used to maintain a file with the ideas just in case if I forgot.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#20]
It's never a bad time to start a new project :)

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2016) [#21]
I don't have enough hands for this topic.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#22]
you'r not allowed to take part in this topic you will shame us all. :P

EdzUp(Posted 2016) [#23]
Yes - Star Rogue, its coming along nicely and I have just redesigned all the planet and sun graphics for the game which now look much better. On the whole the game is getting there but there is a long way to go still. Once I have done enough to complete the Terran Confederation I will release a demo of the whole thing so everyone can try it :)

Monklet80(Posted 2016) [#24]
You're making a game a week? That's cool! I wish your website had an 'about' page so I could read more about that... ;)

SLotman(Posted 2016) [#25]
I'm making a game too.. but currently "stuck" in the design part, trying to figure out how to do things around the main gameplay :)

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2016) [#26]
AGameAWeek's about page.

It's not much.
With over 300 games, 200 pieces of music, 400 Pixelarts and goodness knows how many blog posts, there's far too much content for me to organise it well!!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#27]
always wondered what tools you use for music since your able to pump tunes out so regularly.

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2016) [#28]
Currently using KORG Gadget on iPad. It's a wonderful tool.. The FLStudio of iOS, beating the actual FLStudio Mobile by a country mile!!
Highly recommended, but has a fairly hefty price tag (especially when you add on all the add one!). .. I've done all my music since 2014 using it.
AGameAWeek.com/Music

Added a couple of extra "About" pages to AGameAWeek, since you guys seem to want it!
About : Me!!
About : Tools

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#29]
A little screenshot of what I am working on...

Kaltern(Posted 2016) [#30]
┗(^0^)┓

Rieha(Posted 2016) [#31]
o/ Just released Ookujira, but the work continues!