Mines and monsters

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Mines and monsters

Pakz(Posted 2015) [#1]
I spend some time creating a little game. It is ment as a template. As a starting point.

It is a scrolling platformer with level generator. You can climb in and out of mineshafts and kill monsters for their meat. You can also pick up the eggs they lay and lay place them some where else. The eggs can spawn new monsters.
The flying monsters can fly out of the mines and can attack you. You can attack to. The breeders do not attack.

Story:
Monsters live in an old abandoned mining area. You can mine meat/eggs. Beware: Flying monsters have been seen near the mines.

Play the latest version here :

http://monkeygameprogramming.blogspot.nl/2015/12/monkey-x-rpg-scrolling-platformer.html

The sourcecode is there to. If you set the mapwidth and mapheight variables higher then the generator will create larger and more mines.

I do not know what to add more. Sentries that kill the Deathwings is one thing I was thinking of adding. Also a shop where you can sell meat and eggs and buy restore health potions. Maybe a world map where you can travel to larger mines.

Instructions are on the screen. btw, r - starts a new random level.