Ninjah 2

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Ninjah 2

Raz(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi all, I am in the process of working on my next game Ninjah 2.

It will be a Windows, OSX and Linux release and will include a level editor and an easy to use interface to both share and download levels.

I'm currently attempting to get my game Ninjah 2 Greenlit so if you like what you see and wanna do me a favour please vote for it here : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=526598782

Cheers :D
-Chris

therevills(Posted 2015) [#2]
Looks great!

I'll send a vote tonight when I get home!

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#3]
nice work! I gave it my vote. It seems like there's a lot of tiles on-screen at once. Did you have any issues keeping the framerates high?

Raz(Posted 2015) [#4]
Cheers therevills, Nobu :)

No, no framerate issues, a constant 60fps. I store all of the static items in a 2D array, so it's very easy for me to select only the relevant subsection to iterate through for drawing and even then, the "camera" system I use automatically rejects draw requests if things are off screen (I'm not actually sure if Monkey does that automatically itself?)

I'm not sure how my PC rates performance wise these days, I'd say it's probably a bit below average but I'll have to test things on my laptop with integrated graphics.

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#5]
Wow, that looks like a great game!

Raz(Posted 2015) [#6]
Cheers Playniax :)

Neuro(Posted 2015) [#7]
I bought the first one on Xbox Live back in the day :). Will get this too!

Raz(Posted 2015) [#8]
Cheers Neuro :) I'm hoping Ninjah2 will be a significant improvement on the last game