Sales of a Deathman -- Ludum Dare 33

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Sales of a Deathman -- Ludum Dare 33

Superfluous(Posted 2015) [#1]
The Ludum Dare game jam just wrapped up and I figured I'd post my entry here, since I used Monkey X for all the development. I did all the programming and my wife did the art using Aseprite. This jam's theme was "You are the Monster".

Sales of a Deathman

This is the first game we've ever made (besides me tinkering aimlessly to learn game development), so we kept the game very simple to ensure we could end up with something that ran after only 72 hours. Our main goal was to get the theme across and hope that the little jokes and eyebrow motions would be enough to keep the player engaged.

The jam was a very fun experience and I'm proud of what we made. With more time, there would have been more of a conversation system, less bland backgrounds/text presentation, and some music/more than one sound effect. I had also planned to rebalance the numbers to make sure there was some potential for strategic high-score play for those who wanted it, but I don't think the current game really scratches that itch at all.

All in all, it was a great weekend. We learned a lot, laughed a lot, and got to make a game with a dumb pun title.

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#2]
loved it. It's very fun

Snader(Posted 2015) [#3]
Nice one. I love it!

Arabia(Posted 2015) [#4]
You could really expand on this, and I absolutely love the graphics - very retro.