Particle Editor WIP

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Particle Editor WIP

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#1]
Last week I got curious how hard it would be to create a particle editor for the Ignition X and Pyro generic particle engine so I started coding away and I found out it was actually quite easy! It's obvious that it needs a lot of work for it to be finsihed but I got most of the mechanics in (I am sure some are missing). It can even export the data already for Pyro to use.

The particle editor is written in Pyro so before I can finish the particle editor I must add a few more GUI components to the Pyro framework first.

I can't emphasize enough that this is a very rough first DEMO but I thought it would be nice to post my progress here once and a while.

CopperCircle(Posted 2015) [#2]
Looks good :)

Milky Joe(Posted 2015) [#3]
This news made me want to upgrade to Pyro. I know it's not finished yet, but just knowing it's on the way was enough for me (my next project needs particle effects).

The lack of BOX 2D had been holding me back, but a particle engine is actually of more use to me right now.

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#4]
I made some progress today on more GUI components for Pyro that I probably need for the editor.

I added a tabber and some test objects.

I am still experimenting with the API side of things...

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#5]
It may not look like much (yet) but Pyro just got a scroll box

Now I 'just' need to add sliders or scroll bars and I can continue with the editor itself!

Neuro(Posted 2015) [#6]
Oooh...cool particles!

Qube(Posted 2015) [#7]
Looking pretty good so far... When the sliders and scroll bars are in the GUI side I'll be grabbing a Pyro license \o/