Mallet Quest

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Mallet Quest

mjcamerer(Posted 2015) [#1]
Here is a small game I have been working on recently. It is called Mallet Quest.

The rules are pretty simple; stay alive. You must keep a downward momentum by destroying blocks before the screen pushes you to the top and kills you. Strategy is a must so you don't trap yourself in a position you can't escape. You can swing your hammer to the side by pressing Space, or swing downward by holding Down+Space. To jump, press up. You can also push blocks by simply walking up against them, or pull them by holding Z and pulling back. This is extremely handy for dire situations.

There are four different types of blocks:

Dirt blocks can be destroyed with your hammer.

TNT blocks can be destroyed with your hammer and they will also detonate any adjacent TNT block. These blocks are deceptively good and destroy huge quantities of blocks.

Stone blocks are too solid for your hammer and can only be destroyed by falling. Therefore you must destroy a block under it to make it fall and crumble, or push it off an edge.

Steel blocks are like stone blocks, but must fall twice to completely break. These are the toughest blocks and are not introduced until Level 2.

As of now, there are only three stages that get progressively harder, but there will be ten in the final version.

Here is a link to a playable demo on my site: http://mjcuniverse.com/games/Mallet_Quest/

Happy smashing!

mjcamerer(Posted 2015) [#2]
Mallet Quest is now on Steam Greenlight! We would greatly appreciate any votes and feedback! Go check it out!

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=486474096

Also, a new trailer showing all the new stuff we have added!

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#3]
Looks great!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#4]
reminds me of pphammer. nice looking game.

mjcamerer(Posted 2015) [#5]
Thanks guys! We are at nearly 200 yes votes already in just 24 hours! Not sure how good that is in relation to getting greenlit, but I am pretty happy with that number so far!

Neuro(Posted 2015) [#6]
Looks cool! Kinda like digdugish.