[iOS] Relic Hunter

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/[iOS] Relic Hunter

Raul(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi guys,

Recently I managed to finish my last monkey-x game: Relic Hunter which is some kind of Peggle game clone. For now only the iOS version is available and soon I hope we will launch the desktop versions too.

iOS Link here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/relic-hunter/id947958965?ls=1&mt=8

The game was made with the help of IgnitonX (very good monkey addition) and of course Jungle IDE.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#2]
my last monkey-x game...

if you really ment last and not latest, I am curious which tool you will use in the future?

Raul(Posted 2015) [#3]
@MikeHart:
yes the word is "last". unfortunately, even if I really LOVE coding in Monkey the lack of some features is simply killing the development. for me, making games is not just a hobby. I really want to make some real money from this some day.

I have some contracts for a few very short games (for children) but these will not be published under my name :)
Also I still have some 2D art made last year (which cost me some $$$) and I want to finish the game some day. I don't know..

My focus is now 100% on a 3D game similar to Dear Esther / Gone Home and I am using Unity for that.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#4]
Wish you the best of luck with it. If your income depends on it, you have to use the tools that fits the job the best.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#5]
Which platforms will you target with your 3D game?

Raul(Posted 2015) [#6]
Thanks,
Right now, I am targeting PC (Win and Mac) through Steam and GOG and PlayStation Network - I would like to make a game for both PS3 and PS4 consoles, but I am new to this environment.
Because of the nature of the game I might be able to make a mobile/tablet version, too but this is far to way for now. We shall see.

Bu before all of these I am also planning to release a free game through STEAM as a 'concept demo'. This way I will test my skills and start marketing my new vision about the games. I want to go from casual to other genre..