Invisible Munky 2

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Invisible Munky 2

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2015) [#1]
Just over a decade ago, when BlitzCoder was still around, and I was still using Blitz2D, I attempted to make a platform game that worked in a none-gridded fashion.
Usually I'd start with a grid, and progress from there, but for the sake of trying new things, I instead drew a world using lines, then made a physics engine that allowed Player-Object to collide with the floors.
I initially intended to take the engine, and wrap a graphical skin around it, but I (and many others) instead found myself falling in love with the vector-esque landscape, and the curious lack of a main character.
A few sound effects later, and Invisible Munky was born. Running around the neon-green-vector world, picking up bananas, and making his way home.

-=-=-

10 years later, and I found myself adding basic collision detection into my Monkey-X Framework. As I tested the functions, I found myself colliding lines with dots, and the events onscreen stirred memories of Invisible Munky.
I've spent the past month building up Invisible Munky 2. There are 50 levels to play through, oodles of bananas to collects, enemies to avoid and kill, and even a couple of unexpected surprises along the way.

I hope that you all enjoy playing with my Munky!

You can Download the game here, or play it in your browser via GameJolt