Mister Smith And His Adventures

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Mister Smith And His Adventures

Steven McDade(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi guys,

I've just released my comedy game, Mister Smith And His Adventures, which was written with Monkey X and Ignition X.

I'm not much of a programmer (used to dabble in my younger days) but hopefully it shows what is possible to even a novice like myself, as I know the folks on the forum have much more coding experience/knowledge than myself.

My website is at I Am Mister Smith

Although I haven't posted much to the forums they have been a massive help, so thanks to the community for all the advice posted over the years!

All the best,
Steven

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#2]
Great job!

Steven McDade(Posted 2014) [#3]

TeaBoy(Posted 2014) [#4]
Hi Steve!

This looks pretty sweet, clean, well designed, and possibly unique, everything that makes a game entertaining so well done for
the accomplishment. As you say, you may not have the experience of other folk, but you've actually achieved something probably
about 70% of creators don't actually complete, i.e. Their game.

Any chance of playing a 'demo' version, perhaps upload a cut-down HTML5 version on your website (good job on the site too!).

I have no place giving you suggestions on your game but for some reason I imagine 2D cut scenes would fit in really well with your
game, think of the original Monkey Island :)

Well Done!

Arabia(Posted 2014) [#5]
I had an unoriginal thought some time ago to make something like this, I used to love reading the "Choose Your Own Adventure" series when I was a kid, and your App looks like a similar sort of thing. Make choices, some are right and lead to a happy outcome and others are bad and can lead to your death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choose_Your_Own_Adventure

Steven McDade(Posted 2014) [#6]
@TeaBoy I think a demo is a great idea, it's now on my to do list for the new year. Cut scenes are, unfortunately, well outside of my skill set. Jealously is not really in my arsenal, but I do look with a little envy at the ability of really good graphic designers.

@Arabia You should go for it! If an idiot like me can get something made ... and, personally, I would always choose the happy outcome!

Arabia(Posted 2014) [#7]
@Steven - I think you are confusing a happy outcome with a happy ending LOL

Steven McDade(Posted 2014) [#8]
@Arabia I don't know what kind of story you intend to write ;-)