Cosmo Miner - Yet another mining game!

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Cosmo Miner - Yet another mining game!

Salmakis(Posted 2014) [#1]
Yep, i am making another mining game :D
I know there are a bunch of them out, but i have my very own plan for a special kind of this game.

The plan is, to make a game where you not just mine, its more about create an infastructure to let all the goods being transported automatically the mined materials and needed stuff into the ground and out of the ground and trade the mined stuff with a spaceship and order equip and construction kits, transport and mining vehicles with it.
And also if i get that far with this project, maybe about protecting the infastructure from hostiles, deliver energy

But thats a long way, so that the first step is to create a basic mining game, and then extend it step by step with the additional objects and features.

here some first screenies

All Graphics made by myself, most of them are Placeholders for now^^

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#2]
Looks like my kind of game. I will be keeping an eye on it.

Salmakis(Posted 2014) [#3]
just a small progress update :)

1st: i added the Fog of War

Discovered areas wich are not being visited are becoming darker and darker until they full black again.
Its planed to add a sensor (lamp) object later, wich can prevent an area from becomming dark.

2nd: Items and itemstacks

Items combine themself to itemstacks if they on the same tile.

The itemstack object can also be an inventory of an entity.

First item Management: Click an item to move it over to the other inventory, the top one is the one of the player, the bottom one are the items that are laying on the ground.

And the 3rd features is the Minimap system:

You can zoom and drag the minimap, important entitys are seen als small icons.

bye :)

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#4]
Nice, love it! :)