Raspberry Pi

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Raspberry Pi

Pharmhaus(Posted 2014) [#1]
One of my friends is interested in building an alarm system and the raspberry pi is going to be the heart of it.
So I sat down and got Monkey X running. I'll try to find some libraries next that I can use for the IO with the PIC microcontrollers which are inside the sensors/actors.
I also looked up the required libraries for glfw if someone is more interested in generic applications (C++ Tool will do for me).
It takes about ~7 minutes for a project to compile and the graphics are a bit slow (some very and others are almost fluent) but it works more or less out-of-the-box and the app is far more responsive than its HTML5 counterpart.

You just have to download Monkey X to the raspberry and place Ted&trans in the MonkeyX/bin folder.

Here is the link for Trans & Ted & Makedocs compiled for Raspberry

Open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mesa-common-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libx11-dev build-essential libglu1-mesa-dev
sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-swx11 libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental libgl1-mesa-dri
sudo apt-get install gcc g++ libopenal-dev
sudo apt-get install qt4-dev-tools

Please note that the default start application in the Monkey X root folder (monkey) does not work as it is written in BlitzMax. To open Ted you have to go MonkeyX/bin and start Ted manually.

To create a desktop-icon for Ted go to home/pi/Desktop with the filebrowser and create a file named Ted with similar content (depends on your monkey version/path):

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Ted
Comment=Monkey-X IDE
Icon=/home/pi/MonkeyXPro79d/src/ted/ted.ico
Exec=/home/pi/MonkeyXPro79d/bin/Ted
Type=Application
Encoding=UTF-8
Terminal=false
Categories=None;

Please mind the different line-feeds for different operating systems.

You should now be able to compile some examples.

The raspberry also played music/sound when i tried the sound examples.
The only problem was that it tried to connect to the monitor which had no speaker.
If you have similar problems click here

I won't have much time for the alarm system in the next ~4 weeks but I will try to update this topic after that period.

Sensei(Posted 2015) [#2]
Pharmhaus, I posted on this thread about a related bug and was wondering if you could help out as it's both based around this thread and this one: http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=9265#99853

Sensei(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thought I'd ask a question and posted on this forum http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=2953#105098 to try keep it all in one place.

nigelibrown(Posted 2016) [#4]
trans, ted and makedocs link broken?