[WIP] Galaxy Raids - a tactical space game

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/[WIP] Galaxy Raids - a tactical space game

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi all,

I just thought I do some kind of a wip thread with one of my never ending game stories. :D

So here it is, it's called Galaxy Raids and will be some kind of a space game, where you have a station (platform) in the space and build your stuff on it, build ships and attack other players. Basically Clash of Clans in space. NOT. Just kidding. It won't be that complex. ;)

It's done in Monkey together with minib3d! Currently all graphics are "capt'n placeholder" until it's mostly finished as I don't want to bother my artist too early. ;)

Raul(Posted 2014) [#2]
nice. I like to read topics where you can watch the progress of a game.

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#3]
Ah nice! Thanks for your interest. That will be probably a long journey. I still have Unity3d in my mind but already comparing the game in this stage I have a 17MB apk in Unity and a 1MB apk in Monkey. LOL.

Regarding the game itself you might be able to compare the idea mostly to the game Imperium Galactic War, which had been closed unfortunately.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#4]
Keep us updated. I am always curios what you are working on.

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#5]
Looks like it is going to be cool :)

Xaron(Posted 2015) [#6]
Well well well, I might been quite a bit ahead of time with this but it's far from being dead. I just dropped the 3d component and will do it in 2d, even though I had in mind to use Unity for it I will continue with Monkey! :)