Thrusty Tubes

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Thrusty Tubes

caffeinekid(Posted 2014) [#1]
Thrust through the tubes. Survive. Don't get left behind.

Tilt your device to turn your ship and press the screen (gently does it) to thrust.

Thrusty Tubes (free and ad supported)

Thrusty Tubes (no ads - 99p)

caffeinekid(Posted 2014) [#2]
Has anyone tried it? It's not what you may things... Let me know what you make of it if you have a go please.

I've just submitted a version for OUYA so hopefully that will be through review and be out in a day or two, fingers crossed.

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#3]
Hey, I tried it on my Galaxy Tab 8" but I am not sure it was working correctly, the ship would only rotate maybe +-10% max when i tilted the device around, same issue on my MotoG, maybe I was doing it wrong? I was holding both devices in landscape and rotate the device like you're turning a wheel.

caffeinekid(Posted 2014) [#4]
Don't understand that. The command used is pretty simple so don't know how anything could go wrong with it...

angle=ATan2(AccelX(),AccelY())

The ship should always point up when you tilt the device, so it's more like you are tilting the level really if you get me.

ie, Tilt the level back if you want to thrust forwards and tilt the level to the right if you want to come backwards.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#5]
Nice concept , had some issues with the controls however I seemed to get different powers of thrust for the exact same tap time which made control really awkward , tapping for a split second expecting a little lift could give a lot more lift and result in a death which was annoying.

Good concept tho and like said above was not what I expected.

Steve Ancell(Posted 2014) [#6]
Working OK my end, although I've only managed to pass 3 tubes so far. LOL

Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830
Android version 2.3.5

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#7]
might just me not quite understanding how the controls work, should the rocket always be facing upwards? cus ive been trying to steer it like you would a thust game.

caffeinekid(Posted 2014) [#8]
Don't think of it as tilting the ship, imagine you are tilting the world...

Didn't realise this might be a problem it felt pretty natural to me. Umm.

Should I have an option to invert the rotation?

caffeinekid(Posted 2014) [#9]
There is a video here of me playing it on my phone to show you how the tilting works...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF99_ep_F8o

Steve Ancell(Posted 2014) [#10]
Don't think of it as tilting the ship, imagine you are tilting the world...

I suppose, to put it another way, some players may find controlling the rocket analogous to using a spirit level. ;)

caffeinekid(Posted 2014) [#11]
There is an ouya version now for people who don't like tilt controls (and have an ouya obviously lol).

https://devs.ouya.tv/gamers/queued_downloads/new?uuid=com.tcksoft.thrustytubes