When Pigs Fly

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/When Pigs Fly

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#1]
I asked myself... is it possible to recreate the success of Flappy Bird...?

In my humble opnion, only When Pigs Fly!

Made the whole game so I could make that joke ^_^

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#2]
Made the whole game so I could make that joke ^_^

If that isn't a reason, then I don't know. Good job!

zoqfotpik(Posted 2014) [#3]
How long did it take you?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#4]
Best reason to make a game I have ever seen :)

Were seeing the Birth of the flappy genre of games :)

And damnit it your all making me want to work on mine rather than what I am supposed to be working on, when my wife asks why I'm not working on my game I'm gona blame you lot lol...

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2014) [#5]
That [edit] successful [edit] annoyed [edit] jealous [edit] stupid [edit] SpikeDislike [edit] RAWR!

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#6]
zoqfotpik: 4 days, or mostly 2 - the other 2 I don't even think I can count as "full days" =)

Not that I'm completely finished... I still want to add more background graphics (just drew a small 'hot dog' stand hehehe) and more "pickable" graphics (for ex. if you set your clock back to Feb 14, the stars changes into hearts - I want to make pumpkins for Oct 31 and a Clover for St.Patrick's day) - and I still have to port it to blackberry/iOS/WP8 (although WP8 has some show stopping audio bugs)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, hope you enjoy this little bugger :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#7]
yeah having little calendar events is always a good idea, although it can be a shock, one of my older games would randomly play a full volume wolf howl on full moon nights hahaha I got a good few comments about that at the time scared the pants off a few people, things like that can create a little pulse of interest around a game I always try and sneak little things like this in.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#8]
Wow! That pig really speed along! Love the name!!

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#9]
Just uploaded version 1.03!

Now it has hearts on Valentine's days, pumpkins on Halloween, presents on xmas, skulls on the "dia de los muertos", clovers on st. Patrick's day and soccer balls during the 2014 fifa world cup ^_^

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#10]
SLotman those screen shots are fake score of 70 ? no way you must have god like reflexes :)

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#11]
Nope, not fake =)

A run where I was reaaally, really lucky ^_^

(Most of the time I die on the first 3 columns ahahaha)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#12]
I think I made it about 30 or 40 meter's in after about half an hour I SUCK!.

Love the polish tho, very well put together, all your missing is the share with facebook button.. next update?

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#13]
I'd love to put a 'facebook share' in it... but I have no clue how to do it :(

Shinkiro1(Posted 2014) [#14]
I have never used this but it will probably help you:
https://code.google.com/p/facebookmonkey/

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#15]
was gona point to the same thing. shin beat me to it.

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#16]
Arg! SlideMe refused to publish it... they say they have loads of "flappy bird" clones, and now this game is "banned" on their system =(

As for the facebook module... does that still work? Facebook has changed their API lately, so I assumed that was outdated somehow.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#17]
dunno, never tried it, knock up a quick sample and test it ?

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#18]
Cool: both Amazon and Blackberry (on Playbook only) accepted the game :)

@Paul: Facebook is always complex... you have to setup an app into their system, then I can try doing something.