Asteroid Dodge

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Asteroid Dodge

Dabz(Posted 2014) [#1]
Based on an old Amstrad type-in which I spent many a 15 minutes playing:-

Flash: http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/asteroid-dodge/22382/

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.denathorn.asteroidDodge - Due to Atari chucking their toys out of their prams, it got removed from play store.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Dabz

EDIT: Added to GameJolt! See if I can get some beer tokens in! :D
EDIT: Added to Google Play

therevills(Posted 2014) [#2]
Great remake Dabz! I remember something like this in the 10-liners or something in Amstrad Action!

And this has more playability than Flappy Bird!!!

Dabz(Posted 2014) [#3]
Cheers Steve, yeah, turned out well... Brings back memories of wearing my Amstrads spcaebar out! :D lol

Dabz

muddy_shoes(Posted 2014) [#4]
Fun.

One suggestion: I felt cheated when the level regenerated randomly on a fail. It means you can't learn or develop a route. I think it would be much better if the level was only generated on first entry (as long as you've got a way to ensure the generator creates levels that are possible to complete).

Dabz(Posted 2014) [#5]
Thats why you have the "Get Ready" pause bit... Just so you can have a little plan before you head off, and you need one after level 9 ;)

Dabz

muddy_shoes(Posted 2014) [#6]
Sure, but that's not my point. You don't get to retry the same configuration. No opportunity to develop muscle memory or try alternatives.

Dabz(Posted 2014) [#7]

Sure, but that's not my point. You don't get to retry the same configuration. No opportunity to develop muscle memory or try alternatives.

I see where your coming from, really do, but, on the one hand, this is how I remember it in the original game (One shot at a level, do or die, no extra lives), and on the other hand, the mechanics are really simple, so, if this adds a little extra difficultly to the proceedings, then, champion... I'm all for that!

Dabz

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#8]
nice, really simple and yet still fun and challenging after a few levels..

silentshark(Posted 2014) [#9]
Very nice. Simple to pickup, difficult to master. Well done.

Dabz(Posted 2014) [#10]
Just uploaded this to Google Play... Should be on the market soon... Havent tested on a tablet, so, may not show up there... Defo smaller devices though, though, not too small mind, its all primitive drawing, and with auto scaling, it clips little odds and sods, still playable, but, just doesnt look as nice (However nice polygon based games can get, lol)

Dabz

Dabz(Posted 2014) [#11]
And here she is:-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.denathorn.asteroidDodge

:)

Dabz

Dabz(Posted 2014) [#12]
Well... Asteroid Dodge finally met Atari and thus, has been removed from play store! :(

Dabz

therevills(Posted 2014) [#13]
O_O

What did they say?

Steve Ancell(Posted 2014) [#14]
They threw their toys out of the pram that's what!. They have put a block on using the word(s) asteroid and asteroids, next they'll be trying to patent hemorrhoids, dopey buggers probably think they own the English language. :p