Sheep sim game, feedback

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Sheep sim game, feedback

sionco(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,
I'm trying to make a little sheep sim game made out of real paper.
, and I'm looking for advice for improvements.

In the game you look after a herd of sheep, and try and increase the numbers or try to make money (although currently there is no finish to the game).

You have to keep the grass green (dead brown grass means no food and increased risk of an infection)
You can sell sheep for money, younger and healthier ones bring in more.
you can also hire a ram to make baby lambs.
Finally,you can call on the sheepdog to move the sheep around, by clicking where you want the sheepdog to go, this helps to keep healthy sheep away from sick sheep.

please, test this early version at:
http://www.sionco.com/sheepgame/preview/MonkeyGame.html

I know the game is missing something, but I'm not sure what else to include.

monkeyteets(Posted 2014) [#2]
maybe a tutorial on how to play, wasn't at all apparent to me how to play, then they got sick so i sold them all because the selling animation made sick animals look healthy again :D
then i sold them all and got a dog, and the game continues on without end ( i am now in year 6 of a green paddock and nothing else ).

I'm not sure if the day display is helpful, it goes faster than I can count (and the sheep must move awfully slowly!) and not sure how it contributes to the overall gameplay?

sionco(Posted 2014) [#3]
ok thanks
Yeh, I'm going to add a tutorial
well, maybe there is a bug, as you aren't meant to be able to sell sheep, and the dog is there to keep the healthy sheep away from the sick sheep.

also, there will be a game over when you lose all your sheep.

and thanks for the thoughts about removing the day count.

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#4]
I like the paper cut out graphics. It reminds me of "Sheep Goes Right" that I've played on my OUYA and that game was made with Monkey-X too I think, small world. I haven't gotten the chance to play this game of yours yet but when I do I'll let you know what I think.

sionco(Posted 2014) [#5]
thanks

to be honest, I've never heard of that game, and the idea of using paper, came to me in a moment when thinking of how to do the background. Anyway the games are completely different.

I've added a little bar, to indicate what day of the year it is and also the game ends if all the sheep die.

To be honest, I'm not sure what extra the game needs, it's much more fun on a mobile, but some ideas are:

a free play mode (like it is now)
challenges: make the most money, reach a certain flock size
make it point based (when a sheep survives to 12 years, you get points)