Bomb Jack Monkey Remake WIP

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Bomb Jack Monkey Remake WIP

therevills(Posted 2014) [#1]
<Double post>

therevills(Posted 2014) [#2]
Inspired by Yoda's Bomber Jack Retro Puzzler name, I have quickly created a remake of the classic Bomb Jack game:

http://www.therevillsgames.com/monkey/BombJack/MonkeyGame.html

Currently you can fly and collect the bombs (it is very much WIP).

Controls:
Space = Fly/Jump
Left and Right Cursor Keys to move Left and Right

silentshark(Posted 2014) [#3]
I remember playing Bomb Jack back in the mid 1980's. Back then, the graphical backgrounds were awesome. The game never really floated my boat compared to other classics of the day, though.

Have fun creating your clone. looking nice!

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#4]
Cool! Can't wait for the final version :)
I was also considering making one, but since you started... ^_^

Sammy(Posted 2014) [#5]
Feels very smooth and authentic, well done!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#6]
this is on my list as well mate so happy that some one is actually doing this, its such a good game, I remember playing it when it first came out in the Arcade it was amazing, I remember it taking me ages to learn that the bomb about to blow up should be collected first lol for a while I thought they were gona blow up ROFL..

cant wait to play this.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2014) [#7]
Feels pretty good to me -- one of my favourite arcade games from way back when, though I was never much good at it.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#8]
Just a small update since I haven't had much time to do this, I've added the falling Robot and death of Jack.

At the moment there is only one Robot, but if you complete the level or die the previous robot is kept alive... (since I'm not clearing the list yet ;))

therevills(Posted 2014) [#9]
Robots now work correctly and appear with a timer from the map, when they hit the bottom of the screen they turn in that strange flying thing.

Dabz(Posted 2014) [#10]
I used to spend a bomb [\o/] on this back in the day.... Ah, smell of fish and chips comes back to me now! :)

Would love to see a remake of Snow Bros, I loved that too! :)

Dabz