Perry Penguin numbers and analysis

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Perry Penguin numbers and analysis

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#1]

My Perry Penguin game has been out for 6 months, It is a free game with ads (admob) available on three of the big android stores.

Links

SlideMe store

Amazon store

Google play

Installs are as follows

Slide Me: 8164
Amazon: 41
Google play: 121

Total earnings

$35 to date (admob graph);

My thoughts

SlideMe numbers surprised me, in fact SildeMe has produced many times the downloads for all my app, thinking about it I should have released my xmas app in ad support form this year (but that's for another time).

I would have hoped for 10x the revenue by this time, $300-400 would have been fantastic.

I think my store front(s), icons, videos pictures and such were compelling and high quality enough to get people to download once they landed on the page so I think it simply comes down to getting people to notice the app, which in my experience is hard to do on the Google or Amazon stores without promotion or dumb luck.

My next title 'Treasure Traps' I hope will do better, time will tell.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#2]
Thanks for sharing. I always appreciate hard data.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
Yeah helps predict potential downloads..

Once I actually get something of note out worth talking about I will be doing the same, sharing information like this really helps.

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#4]
Hi Supertino,

Thanks for publishing the data. I am surprised at the very low figures for Amazon and Google Play. For comparison, we published a free Android app (Swerve! http://bit.ly/13ZwiwD) back in June and since then it has got these downloads:

SlideMe: 9087
Amazon: 1742
Google Play: 5122

I would suggest trying other app markets, too. For example, this same app has had the following downloads elsewhere:

Opera store: 10346
Samsung: 3509

Strange things do seem to happen though. A newer app we released at the start of the month (Climb, Zombie! Climb! http://bit.ly/188GjuI) is doing well on SlideMe (over 1300 downloads), but really struggling on Amazon (a grand total of 8 downloads!). Whilst Swerve! got over 10K downloads very quickly on Opera, other apps have had very few..

Luck may come into this - if you publish and hit a "what's new" list at the right time, you get downloads (which then drive more downloads). If not, you can disappear into obscurity unless you've other cool ways of marketing..