Hex. small test...

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Hex. small test...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]

Just a quick dirty little test of the game at the moment, sadly I have not had a lot of time of late to work on this so not much more has been done to it since I last showed screen shots, this time you can have a play.

I would love to know frame rates.

Not much in the way of levels, endless balls(cubes) and when all the hex are gona a fresh set will spawn in.

Arrow Keys to move the bat, or tap and drag the slider, and space to let the cube go..

as always, all feedback is welcome.

html5 : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56777267/code/Alpha/hex/html5/MonkeyGame.html
Flash : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56777267/code/Alpha/hex/flash/MonkeyGame.html

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#2]
60 fps here in my chrome browser. I really like it! For my taste it has a bit too many colors but beside that it's pretty good!

Oh and the collision detection might be a bit too picky. I had two misses with that pad where it was visually still at the border. ;)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
Cool, glad you like it, I will probably mess with the tile set a lot before its final so the colours and stuff will no doubt change a few times before i settle on something I like.

The collisions with the bat are an illusion I will try and explain it better with a small infoglyph which will explain it way better than I could with words.

the general thing is that I want the player to wonder, is it a hexagonal tile, or a 3D cube from a 1/4 type view, and this same illusion being at work with the bat and the ball and the hex I think it kinda looks cool....

ROFL but who knows it might totally suck and give people a sore head . wont know till I try it all out.

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#4]
I like the impact effect you get when you hit the ball, pair that with a nice clunk and that will feel so satisfying.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#5]
Yeah it's a little fun mechanic of the game and comes into effect when you have a really fast moving ball, or a multi ball, if for example you have two or three balls close together, the first impact knocks the bat back, if the second ball hits before the bat is fully up then it knocks it back even further bellow the electric field and the third ball would be lost.

or if a ball is far to fast the impact is hard enough that it knocks the bat to far back and the ball is lost.

I plan to have some type of shield, or effect that the player can hit when the ball is just about to impact the bat that will act like putting on the breaks reducing the knock back, this will probably be a very limited resource of some sort.