Project Hex..

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Project Hex..

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
I think about 3 days into the project now, and since I had mentioned it in another topic I thought it might be nice to show what I was actually talking about.

It's very early, at the moment I am just trying to decide if I want to allow the cubes to collide with each other, the code already is in place but commented out for this test as it's causing issues.

Even though it's not really showing any gameplay we all know the genre, so would love some feedback on what you can see, art style, or any additional thoughts that might help :)

muddy_shoes(Posted 2013) [#2]
I like the way this looks. Obviously too early to tell how the gameplay will work out. One thing I notice from playing Bit Invaders is that you've put the bat very near the bottom of the playfield. It seems like it may well suffer from the same "finger blocking view" problem that Bit Invaders has.

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#3]
I love it!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#4]
@Muddy_shoes , yes, that has to be the most commented thing about bit-invaders , and a lesson well learnt I think.

The red area at the bottom is dedicated to the players finger, sliding the glowing red touch pad left and right moves the bat, in the video this is hard to tell because the touch pad is matching the bats position, this is only because I happend to be recording it on PC, when I play with my phone I need to tap down in this area and slide the little red glowing slider and the bat then moves towards the slider.

On my Galaxy S4 I have zero visibility issues which I am really happy with, and it should scale well and work the same on other devices.