Wrestling Management Game-Alpha version and video!

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Wrestling Management Game-Alpha version and video!

richb(Posted 2013) [#1]
I've been working on a Wrestling Promoter game for IPhone and Android for the last couple of months and seem to be getting somewhere with it!! It's meant to be a fun game similar to Football Manager but about Wrestling and less in depth! I've got a Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/totalwrestlingpromoter here and will post some HTML 5 versions of the game in the near future if anyone wants to help me test it! As you can see from the screenshots at the minute the design is set to be functional rather than looking great but it seems to be coming along pretty well.

I know the game won't appeal to all but any feedback would be great especially if its something you'd be interested in!

TeaBoy(Posted 2013) [#2]
Football Manager has been going for years, still popular today. I played
a kickboxing type football manager clone sometime ago.

Games of this type are good fun as they seem to be the thinking mans game.

I'm not a pro-tester but put my name down to help test on my S3.

Eventually include a 2D/3D rumble mode so we can settle the feuds, a fight now and again does no harm lol ;)

Keep up the good work!

richb(Posted 2013) [#3]
Cheers mate! Been working hard on it this week and it's getting more and more like a game now. It's always funny how testing for a feature you've just implemented always seems to draw your attention to a bug somewhere else you'd never have otherwise noticed.

Would be a great help if you could test on there for me. I'll pop up a html5 version before testing on devices too as I'd like as much feedback/help as possible

richb(Posted 2013) [#4]
So happy with how this is coming along. Loads of screenshots on the facebook page and will have version up for people to test (HTML5 or flash to begin with) by the end of next week if not this week.

Only things I'm struggling with at present are:

1) Xcode without a mac. Has anyone used macincloud? Obviously a working mac is the best option but is this a viable option as a backup?

2) I would like to distribute it on blackberry and Facebook but in-app purchases arent possible at present through monkey. Any easy way around this anyone knows of?

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#5]
You can use a Virtual Machine to run OSX and XCode, this is currently what I am doing during development.
It's a little slow at times (obviously) but works perfectly, or another option would be a Hackintosh.

I'd also be interested in any info on Facebook IAP stuff.

richb(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hey guys, i've got a fairly early beta of the game uploaded. Certain things aren't fully added to the game yet and there are also a number of cosmetic changes needed in the game but it would be great if some of you can give it a run over and provide feedback that would be great.

- You can add and remove shows from the game, however you can not add TV shows yet. 3CW start with a TV show, however this doesn't make a difference to the game yet as you don't get TV ratings. PPV's also don't provide buy rates just yet.

-You can add or remove Titles, although you cannot have them defended in matches yet.

-3CW are provided with a full roster while WZW only have 2 Wrestlers and GBW have none.

-Certain features don't work fully without leveling up first. You cannot negotiate contract lengths or wages without levelling up on negotiation - although you can sign and recontract wrestlers. scouting isn't accurate till you level up and you cannot edit the card during a show until you level up road agent.

-The full list of Wrestlers that aren't in your roster don't show at the start, you need to do a scouting mission first and they show once they have been scouted.

http://www.richardbatt.com/Game/TWP_beta.html

Like i said the game isn't finished yet and this is an early version of the game. All feedback is appriciated.

richb(Posted 2013) [#7]
Has anyone had a chance to play about with this. Its come a long way since then but any feedback on the way the menus and everything works would be really appriciated.

richb(Posted 2013) [#8]
If anyone can have a quick look I have a Flash Alpha version up here: http://www.richardbatt.com/Game/TWP_Alpha0.6.html and I do perform professional Wrestling so i've put a fun video of the Gameplay here spliced with some of my Wrestling: http://youtu.be/9l_100r_9Uc (i'm the guy in blue). If you can have a quick look and provide some feedback.

One thing I want to improve is the graphics, I'm looking for some professionally produced graphics if anyone can point me in the right direction.