Metal Pangic: Bubble-Hell Shooter

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Metal Pangic: Bubble-Hell Shooter

caffeinekid(Posted 2013) [#1]
Metal Panic is in a genre to itself:- The Bubble-Hell Shooter.

This is a mobile port/update of my original version created on the PC in Blitz Basic back in 2002 on BlitzCoder for the Retro 8bit Challenge. This is my OneGameAMonth entry for July.

I did higher resolution version a little while after the 8bit style one, so this is Pangic3 I guess and I think it's the best version too. I've been playing it more than coding it, which is always a good sign.

Controls: touch the bottom-left of the screen to move your ship. There are two fire buttons on the right hand side of the screen. Tap the lower button to fire your weapon and destroy the bubbles - the upper button toggles 'bullet-time', which slows down all the bubbles on the screen.

How to play: Shoot the metallic bubbles, and don't let them hit the cockpit of your ship. There are three types of bubble: Copper is a normal bubble that bounces left and right, and is effected by gravity. Silver doesn't let gravity get him down and he bounces off all four sides of the screen, in straight lines. Goldie finds you attractive and will bounce towards your ship so be very careful of this bubble stalking you.

Power-ups can increase your bullet supply so that you can fire up to 5 shots at once, but if you hit a B- ball you will lose a bullet. Also there are power ups that freeze the bubbles, evaporate the bubbles removing the smallest ones, replenish your bullet-time, and activate your sheild.

Be careful of the EX ball which will increase the size of all bubbles on the screen - it will also remove the largest, but this is still a dangerous object. The last power ball is the IB which makes all bubbles invunerable for a short time, and is another one to avoid.

Thank you for playing and I hope you enjoy the game...

Available on Google Play now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tcksoft.metalpangic