Antz. pixels..

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Antz. pixels..

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]

feedback always welcome, from left to right, with three frames each are the Scout, the Lifter, the Soldier with a bullet, and then without, and then two frames each the King and Queen.

skape(Posted 2013) [#2]
Looks nice. :)

Sorry for my denseness... but what is this for?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
Few years ago I wrote an ant ai simulation, at the time I had ideas about how I could turn it into a game, so I will be doing just that with monkey and this is some of the art for it, although the ai behind it all will be based on ants , driver ants mainly and leaf cutters, I will be skinning it like its in space and instead of ants it will be space ships.

skape(Posted 2013) [#4]
Sounds awesome.

I really liked playing "SimAnt" many years ago. Don't know if you're familiar with it. :)

Edit: Just saw the post on your website about it. Sounds interesting!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#5]
yeah loved it. not sure if SimAnt actually modeled real ant behavior in the way I will be tho, not sure science really understood ants the way they do now.

Glad you like the idea, just hope it's something I manage to finish and it does not just end up another half done project, the plague of not being able to finish lol...

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#6]
You going to put any cool Easter eggs in there from "Hunny I shrunk the kids" or "The borrowers" or the 60's classic "Land of the Giants".