Tappy Tables

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Tappy Tables

caffeinekid(Posted 2013) [#1]
Quickly put together my June OneGameAMonth game over a couple of days, and it's a simple affair but hopefully at least slightly fun. Also the version I've put up is free, so it costs nothing to have a look and see if you get a little enjoyment from it.

The June theme word is "educational" so this game is based on times tables, but if you know them then it's actually more like speed and accuracy of finding the answers in the grid and not making a mis-tap and losing your combo. Sixty seconds to score as many points as you can, so give it a go will only take up a minute of your time assuming you just play it the once and don't want to play it more.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tcksoft.tappytablesfree

Is it worth expanding at all? I was going to put in timer regeneration between rounds and a proper high score table (as in my last few games) to make it more gamey. Maybe take out the easier sums as time goes on too, or speed up the timer - but it's really more about speed and score than the times tables themselves, unless you don't know them.

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#2]
Was a fun distraction but was over too soon, maybe change it to unlimited levels, each level you need to make it through [x] amount of rounds within [y] time and as the levels increase decrease the time and\or increase the number of rounds.

Maybe then write a module that can connect to the Google play services leader-board system for users to post their scores. Then share the code with us..... Go on you know you want to. :p

caffeinekid(Posted 2013) [#3]
Thank you for trying it and yes I suspected it needed fleshing out some.

Don't know when it will happen though now as July is another month and I have to write another game if I'm to stay on target of a game a month throughout all of 2013. :)